Director of Communications - Biotech - NYC area or West Coast
This new role of Director of Communications will be responsible for building and leading the communications function to include development and execution of media relations, product launches (initially for a block buster treatment that has just earned FDA approval), association collaborations, and congress participation. This will grow to include internal communications, global communications and more.
- Developing a comprehensive communications plan covering strategies and tactics to support key product milestones, approval, launch and life-cycle, major Congresses, and Association relations.
- Responsibility for initiating, maintaining, and/or improving collaborative relationships with target editors and journalists, company/product spokespeople, and key third-party influencers.
- Ensure strategic alignment, regulatory compliance, and message consistency in key proactive and responsive communications.
- Provide overall strategy and direction for company presence at major Congresses, briefing materials and results reports.
- Develop editorial content for use by KOLs and placement in trade publications. Ensuring “between-the-news” share of voice in earned media.
- Manage PR agency
- Manage social media policies, strategies, and plans (including instruction/training material as needed). Maintains appropriate levels of social media “listening” to monitor corporate and brand reputation.
- Collaborate cross-functionally in the development and execution of publication plans.
- Act in the capacity of a company/brand spokesperson in appropriate circumstances, while coordinating the activities of other internal and external spokespeople as needed.