Director of Corporate Communications, NY Metro Area
The Director of Corporate Communications will be responsible for the development and execution of comprehensive internal and external communications programs for this sector of an international company involved in natural resources management and alternative energy. The Director will also be responsible for public and government relations, the website and intranet, crisis communication and employee communications. The role involves coordinating and implementing internal and external communications plans and programs to support the strategic goals and business objectives of the company as well as consulting, advising on and implementing communications strategies, methods and tactics.
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- 7+ years of experience in Corporate Communications.
- The ability to effectively engage senior management at the Corporate Level.
- Strong influencing skills and the ability to obtain stakeholder buy-in to achieve required outcomes.
- Proficiency in program management and processes and an awareness of and ability to apply “state of the art” technology and best practices.
- Ability to deliver targeted results at cost and on schedule.
- Ability to multi-task
- Excellent communication skills – verbal, written and presentation.
- Good balance of technical/task and people/team leadership skills and orientation.
- A high energy level, great personality and be fun to work with
The Director of Communications will help the company promote its rational use of resources and innovative solutions. The North American headquarters is located just outside NYC in beautiful new offices which have achieved LEED certification.