Global Media Relations - Fincl Svces (NYC/Boston/DC/Chi)
This seasoned professional will be responsible for tier one media coverage in the financial services and insurance sector for this huge global company. Work closely with key senior executives and spokespeople to proactively design and execute strategies and campaigns to maximize opportunities for positive, accurate positioning and media coverage of the firm and it's thought leaders. This person can be posted in NYC, Boston, DC or Chicago.
This role requires:
- Outstanding communication skills, with ability to reduce complex topics into clear concise messaging; including exceptional writing and editing skills for audiences ranging from general to business to more technical (press releases, talking points, Q&As and other PR collateral).
- Creativity and initiative to drive media results.
- Demonstrated success working with top execs at large and complex financial organizations
- Understanding of current worldwide economic issues, capital markets, exposure to authoritative senior execs
- Ability to function effectively within a matrixed global organization and support Marketing's approach to teamwork and collaboration
- Ability to build strong daily working relationships with global managing directors and industry thought leaders
We are looking for a minimum of eight years of communications experience, 5 of which have been in the financial services or banking industry; Exceptional media relations skills which includes an understanding of how to develop a story and and what the news cycle consists of.
Excellent company with wonderful reputation. Exciting and challenging issues and smart, good people to work with.