My client is a leading US strategic communications firm that produces sustainability/corporate responsibility and annual financial reports for Fortune 500 clients including some of the most well-known corporate names and brands in the U.S.
The firm offers a turn-key solution to produce creative and compelling stakeholder communications that meet clients' strategic objectives. These long-form communication vehicles range from a few pages to tens of thousands of words in length, in both digital and print formats. Our work encompasses research, writing, design, interactive development, print production and more. Founded more than 30 years ago, the firm is known for stable, long-term client relationships, client-centric focus and the hundreds of awards earned. It's a collaborative, casual, engaging and very fast-paced work environment.
The Right Person
We are seeking a creative and highly experienced communications professional to join the team as a Creative Strategist. This senior role has comprehensive responsibility for concepting, organizing and writing reports for a portion of their client roster. This position works collaboratively with art directors, interactive developers, account service and other professionals to take a project from initial concept to final delivery.
If you are the ideal candidate, you love organizing editorial content into a format that makes sense to readers. You relish using your talent for theming, writing and story telling to transform disparate pieces of information into a compelling narrative. You have a knack for finding creative ways to craft complex information into clear communication.
In this client-facing role you are skilled at interacting with a range of clients, from corporate communications, IR and sustainability professionals to members of senior management, including CEOs. You know how to ask intelligent, detailed questions of SMEs and identify the most relevant and compelling information they provide. You are resourceful and can devise effective solutions when faced with insufficient information or uncertain client direction.
Working in conjunction with the client service team, your strong presentation skills will be used to present concepts for print and interactive design and editorial organization, incorporate client feedback and secure approval of the creative approach for each report. You have a strong interest in business strategy, corporate social responsibility and sustainability and enjoy learning the unique dynamics of companies and their industries. You are thoughtful and articulate, with the ability to counsel clients about their communications needs, work well in a team environment and thrive in a deadline-driven setting.
- A passion to understand, interpret and communicate business/financial/CSR strategy
- Insight and creativity to develop a compelling story aligned with unique client needs
- Seven years or more of communications experience in an agency or corporate setting
- Excellent proven long-format writing skills as demonstrated by previous business writing experience in a corporate or agency setting
- Strong organizational skills, with the ability to synthesize vast research and source materials, including financial and CSR metrics, into clear and cohesive editorial content
- Skilled at interviewing SMEs and interacting with clients at all levels, including C-suite executives
- Comfortable with deadlines and fast turnaround assignments, and with managing projects that extend over many months
- General knowledge of business strategy, financial reporting and/or CSR topics (climate change, environmental strategy, workforce diversity, labor rights, ethics, governance, etc.)
- Previous experience with the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) and/or Dow Jones Sustainability Index (DJSI) and other sustainability surveys extremely helpful
- Client-focused with a passion to exceed expectations
- Team-oriented, with the ability to work both collaboratively and independently in a fast-paced agency setting
- Moderate travel required for on-site client meetings
This is a full-time position with an attractive benefits package. The company is located in Atlanta but if that location doesn't work for you, and your experience and credentials are strong, then a remote working arrangement is possible.