Top 5 Financial PR firm is Hiring!
This prestigious PR firm that specializes in financial and professional services (including Fin-tech) is actively looking to add two or three people, from Vice President to AE. The company looks for smart people with potential rather than just the right years and title.
The more senior person will play a lead role on several client accounts in its asset management group. This individual will be responsible for developing and executing strategic communications programs for hedge funds, private equity firms and other institutional fund managers. The ideal candidate will have a passion for and strong understanding of financial news and the capital markets, be enthusiastic about learning more, and have a background in business journalism, finance, or public relations.
Strong writing and presentation skills are a must. The candidate should also be comfortable dealing with the media at all levels, a voracious consumer of news, and able to develop communications plans in a team environment where creativity and independence are highly-valued.
- Help design and implement communications strategies and programs.
- Help manage multiple clients across several distribution channels and strategies.
- Serve as day-to-day client contact.
- Serve as a spokesperson for media inquiries on behalf of clients.
- Review and edit client materials, including investor communications, press releases, Q&A’s, talking points and key messaging documents.
- Actively be involved in new business opportunities, including developing content for presentations and participating in new business pitches and meetings.
- Assist in training junior staff.
- Relevant experience in financial communications or business media, or related field.
- A strong understanding of the capital markets—previous work with investment banking, asset management, private equity or hedge fund clients is a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Leadership skills and ability to effectively lead and manage a team.
- Strong organizational skills; able to multi-task various responsibilities.
- Ability to think critically and demonstrate good judgment.
- Ability to provide exceptional client services.
The right candidate will enjoy tremendous career growth in a friendly, entrepreneurial, non-corporate environment. Salary is commensurate with experience. New business commissions, generous bonuses, and benefits—medical, dental, vision, and 401(k) with match and profit-sharing.
At the more junior level, we're looking for excellent written and verbal skills, critical thinking skills and an aptitude for finance and business.
Responsibilities will include media relations, creating news and story angles, writing, developing and maintaining relationships with journalists; and developing and implementing account strategy.
You'll receive a salary commensurate with experience, excellent benefits, tremendous career opportunity, potential for special bonuses, new business commissions and profit sharing.