Account Supervisor - Lifestyles and Personal Finance - NYC
This unique opportunity offers gobs of possibilities in terms of growth and engagement. My client is one of the best agencies in America to work for and offers an environment of support and learning, no politics, intelligent and nice people to work with. And this all the more true as you go up the ranks.
The firm specializes in financial and professional services and healthcare. There's a large component of integrated marketing that's geared towardt the Lifestyles/Consumer market. They'd like to collect it all and have this person run it.
We're looking for someone with lifestyles/personal finance contacts and expertise.
The work is creative and very integrated. Since you will be the go-to person, your accounts will be varied, across industries such as retail banking, rehab centers, insurance, health, retirement, and more.
This person will have the opportunity to work alongside senior staff on integrated marketing activities. You'll mentor junior staff and take part in building and executing strategies and in new business presentations.
Candidates should have leadership qualities, well integrated communications experience, lifestyles contacts and an interest in different industries. The right person for this role is eager to diversify their knowledge base and add to their skills and industry exposure, particularly in B2C.
The firm offers real team spirit, growth and enhancement. It's a great place to build a career.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Lead consumer media efforts as well as day-to-day campaign and project management and execution
- Serve as an integral member of the account team, proactively providing ideas and solutions.
- Maintain and consistently develop relationships with top-tier media across genres and platforms; mentor junior staff in providing constructive guidance in terms of effective pitching techniques
- Ideate marketing and digital tactics that will help achieve client goals and support campaign execution
- Manage and provide strategic counsel on consumer oriented accounts
- Supervise and contribute to the logistics related to events and other campaign programming, ensuring all activities ultimately serve the client’s objectives
- Provide consumer/lifestyles expertise in presentations to new clients and help with the organic growth of existing clients.
DESIRED SKILLS + EXPERIENCE
- Four to six years of related agency experience with demonstrated success in lifestyle and personal finance media relations, influencer relations, blogger relations, social media and event/programming planning and execution
- Local, regional and national media contacts across new and traditional media (print, broadcast and online portals)
- An interest in all genres of media that touch the lifestyle and (ideally) personal finance industry as well as an interest in finance and business.
- Excellent verbal and non-verbal communication skills, the ability to write and edit effectively and to convey creative ideas in an intelligent manner
- The ability to think strategically
- Outstanding follow through and proven attention to detail
- Accountability and commitment to excellence
- Ability to work effectively in a collaborative team environment