Account Director - Financial Services - NYC
Join a team responsible for the B2B integrated marketing activities and PR for one of the world's largest consulting firms. You will participate in strategic planning and content creation initiatives across the entire account and have the opportunity to delve deep on several specific industries. Of special focus are Private Equity, and Advisory services like cybersecurity, forensic technology and Consulting.
In this role you will help develop both traditional and social media relations strategies, and mentor and train a dedicated account team of 10 people.
The most important criteria for this role is the ability to be a counselor who commands a presence when sharing smart marketing thinking on the phone with clients.
This role requires a self-starter and proven client counselor with 5-8 years of integrated marketing and/or public relations experience including managing, writing (byline articles, speeches, whitepapers, etc.), analyzing research and survey results, content creation (infographics, video, etc.), media relations, and digital strategy. Experience working with professional or financial services is strongly preferred. Knowledge of Private equity is required. Additional industry expertise is also a plus (natural resources, healthcare, nonprofit, technology and life sciences, retail and consumer products etc.)
The ideal candidate is a strong counselor (both in-person and over the phone) and a strong writer, creative problem-solver, excellent multi-tasker, and enjoys working collaboratively with others. Candidates must have a strong counseling voice. Responsibilities include:
- Acting as a strategist and a day-to-day team member on several business and industry lines
- Researching and leveraging external industry and competitive insights to counsel client on program strategy and recommendations
- Developing creative ways to engage with clients’ key audiences through digital and social media channels
- Strategizing and creating content marketing materials, including survey reports, infographics, eBooks etc.
- Leveraging excellent writing/editing skills in the development of media pitches, announcements, plans and thought leadership collateral
- Pitching the media
- Helping to design research initiatives, analyze findings and craft resulting narratives
- Mentoring and training junior staff members, helping them to leverage their strengths and develop integrated marketing core competencies
- Working collaboratively and productively with a team
- Supporting organic new business development initiatives
- 5-8 years of integrated marketing and/or PR experience (at least some of which was in the private equity space)
- Exceptional writing and communications skills
- Excellent organizational and planning skills; able to work quickly, prioritizing multiple assignments
- Strong sense of client service
- An understanding of the Professional Services industry and trends affecting it; challenges and opportunities for marketing within it. Accounting firm experience preferred
- Intellectual curiosity, a passion for learning about a rapidly evolving industry, and a positive attitude!
- Agency experience strongly preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree required