A NJ based public relations firm specializing in serving the life sciences industry is looking for someone with around 3 or 4 years of experience in PR, preferably within the healthcare or life sciences industry. Clients range from emerging publicly traded biotech and pharmaceutical companies to VC-funded startups and global organizations, including one of the world’s leading providers of executive education.
We are seeking an account executive to assist in the day-to-day management of several client accounts. The ideal candidate: is comfortable interacting with clients; possesses strong communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal; is proficient in digital/social media; has an interest in life sciences and media relations; and is able to work independently and manage multiple responsibilities. A bachelor’s degree and prior public relations or communications experience is required. Please note that this is a work-remote position.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Leading day-to-day client activities to ensure timely execution of deliverables
· Preparing for and leading client calls and meetings
· Interacting with target media on behalf of clients
· Maintaining client progress trackers
· Drafting client materials, including news releases, web site copy, fact sheets and award nominations
· Assisting in the maintenance of clients’ and 6 Degrees’ social media properties (e.g., Twitter)
· Compiling briefing documents for media interviews
· Researching media outlets, industry conferences, corporate recognition opportunities and prospective clients
· Coordinating the distribution of news releases