Corporate Media And Issues Management - NYC or Washington DC
This Media and Issues Manager will support a high profile area within the global media relations sector of one of the most admired companies in the world.
We are looking for a strategic thinker focused on supporting the generation of global tier one media attention for global corporate initiatives and also has experience working with sensitive issues, and reactive media as well as project management experience.
In this role you will work with colleagues to provide timely responses to media requests and support the development of channel and/or tactic specific external messages tos upport the company agenda in the marketplace. You will work on a diverse set of disciplines including issues management, project management, messaging and positioning.
- Proven success in project management and ability to manage multiple tasks including working with executives at all levels.
- Exceptional media relations skills and ability to develop stores and understand news cycles; solid relationships with business and politics/policy media
- Exceptional writing and editing skills for audiences ranging from general to business to technical -- including press releases, talking points, Q&A's etc.
- Strong business acumen
- Ability to execute strategic PR and communications techniques
- Ability to provide sound professional advice and strategic counsel to colleauges in key geographies, industries and similar areas of operation
- ability to develop and apply creative solutions to project related issues
- Ability to develop annual media relations plans with clear objectives and metrics
- Passion for executing deliverables and programs that are of the highest quality, fully support the firm's business strategy and are in line with or exceed leadership expectations
- Ability to work autonomously and independently, yet integrate appropriately with other areas within marketing and communications and with senior executives across the company.
This role requires a minimum of eight years of experience in communications. Preferred skills include: