Media/Analyst Manager -stellar technology consulting firm - NY/Boston/Chicago/DC
The media/analyst manager of this much admired, global management consulting leader will direct integrated global media relations and industry analyst relations efforts for covering business sectors involved in analytics and integrated marketing services by leveraging major marketing initiatives, thought leadership, successful client engagements, and the expertise of the superb senior management. This manager is responsible for improving the focus, quality and frequency of media and industry analyst coverage as well as strengthening the approach to managing the interaction; incorporating media relations into the team's marketing efforts; and improving the company's external profile within relevant industries. The person in this role will:
- Have a keen understanding of the key issues and trends affecting the digital marketing and the marketing analytics industries
- Be a proactive, strategic thinker focused on generating trade, non-traditional media, and tier-one media coverage and industry analyst awareness in support of Analytics and Marketing Services
- Possess strong communication skills, with the ability to reduce complex topics into clear concise messaging; including exceptional writing and editing skills for audiences ranging from general to business to more technical (press releases, talking points, Q&A, and other PR collateral) with an emphasis on digital marketing industries and data analytics across all industries.
- Have the creativity and initiative to drive media results, even when confronted with internal and external obstacles
- Have the ability to function effectively within a matrix organization and support the company's approach to teamwork and collaboration.
- Bachelor's degree or other four-year university degree
- Minimum 5 years experience in media relations/corp communication specifically in the digital marketing or analytics industries
- Minimum of 5 years' experience analyzing, disseminating and communicating complex information and developing clear 'media ready' messages
- Minimum 5 years' experience of key issues and trends affecting the digital marketing/analytics industry
- Success at building strong working relationships with senior leadership
- Ability to provide strategic counsel to colleagues in key geographies
- Social media experience
- Willingness to travel up to ten percent of the time.