This company is a world leader in consumer goods. The company is located in the Northeast.
The Director of Corporate Communications has prime responsibility to proactively support internal communications and external awareness raising of the brand, particularly among Generation X and Y. It also includes crisis and issue management . This is a hands on role requiring strategic thinking, fast drafting, multi-tasking, focus and exceptional relationship building abilities.
• Creates a variety of internal communications (employee presentations, announcements, newsletters and other collateral materials)
• Serves as a key advisor to senior management on internal communications issues, employee engagement, including the planning and executing of quarterly town hall meetings, senior leader briefings, employee events.
• Intranet/internet design, development and maintenance.
• Some external relations on brand issues and community related topics
• Training and coaching of senior management
• Must have at least 8 years communications experience some of which has been spent in a CPG environment
• Must be a college graduate, preferably with an MBA.
• Highly familiar with social media in addition to traditional PR; internal communication
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
• Proven track record in communication consulting to senior levels (client or management)
• Proven experience in crisis communications, situation assessment, response strategies
• Highly effective interpersonal skills including ability to navigate smoothly within a global matrix organization, developing relationships internally and with external partners.
• Must be resilient and willing to argue your corner on your professional experience
• Intranet development experience
• Proven ability in budget management
• Power Point and Excel proficiency
• Must be a resourceful, self starter with proven leadership skills, project management skills and influencing skills
• MBA preferred
• Professional experience with either a fast moving consumer goods company or a Consumer Healthcare company as a client of in-house is an important plus.
• Not for profit experience (board membership or other)
• Fast delivery of communication materials; good design eye