Our client is a leading international law firm with 18 offices in major business centers across Asia, Europe, and the U.S. They are looking for a PR/Media Assistant.
The successful candidate will be a team player who can manage multiple tasks with confidence and ease, will possess superior written and oral communications skills, be extremely motivated, detail oriented, organized and thrive in a fast-paced environment. This exceptional opportunity, based in New York City, offers competitive salary (with bonus and overtime) and benefits.
* Extensive writing, including drafting news releases, awards announcements and internal newsletters.
* Pitch stories to legal trade press and business press as directed by PR Manager.
* Coordinate and prepare material for awards, directories and media surveys.
* Research and update editorial calendars, identifying writing opportunities; obtain article reprints and permissions.
* Track and document firm press mentions; assist in drafting media reports.
* Create/update/maintain media lists.
* General administrative duties, special projects as needed and other duties as assigned.
* College degree required; BA in Journalism, Communications or English preferred.
* Fluency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
* Team player with positive attitude who is responsible, proactive, reliable with an unyielding customer service orientation.
* Ability to work independently, identify and initiate projects, solve problems and produce results.